In recent years, with the continuous improvement of living standards, people’s demand for home decoration is increasing, and more and more attention is paid to environmental protection and safety. Each floor has its unique features. If you want to choose the best affordable floor for your home, this article will explain the difference between several different floors to find the best floor for you.
Comparison of stone plastic floor and bamboo floor
Bamboo floors are also made of natural bamboo, green and environmentally friendly. But bamboo floors are also afraid of water, fire, and tide. It is sensitive to indoor temperature and humidity and is easy to expand, deform or crack due to shrinkage. Severe or even mouldy.
The surface of the bamboo floor is painted, which has poor abrasion resistance and poor scratch resistance.
Bamboo floors are more troublesome to maintain, require frequent waxing and maintenance, and have poor corrosion resistance.
Comparison of stone plastic floor and wood floor
Solid wood flooring is a natural material with the irreplaceable advantages of synthetic materials, non-toxic and tasteless, comfortable on the feet, cool in winter and warm in summer. However, there are also disadvantages such as high price, consumption of hardwood resources, heavy laying and installation workload, complex maintenance (afraid of fire, water, and moisture), and the size of the floor varies greatly with relative humidity.
The appearance of parquet has the same beautiful wood texture as a solid wood floor, has good dimensional stability, and is easy to lay and maintain. However, it is still unable to eliminate the shortcomings of fear of fire, water, and tide, and it is not environmentally friendly, and the wear resistance of stone is not as good as that of the stone plastic floor.
Laminate floors are based on medium-density or high-density fiberboard and particleboard with good dimensional stability. The surface layer is impregnated with decorative paper containing wear-resistant materials, which ensures the wear resistance of the surface layer. Compared with the first two, it has a good performance in anti-pollution, and there is a considerable gap with the super wear-resistant and anti-fouling performance of the stone plastic floor.
Comparison of stone plastic floor and marble
Stone is burdensome, which brings a significant burden to transportation and construction, especially to the main structure of high-rise buildings, which will cause enormous damage.
The stone is slippery and cold in texture.
The marble price is high, but the laying effect is very high-end, suitable for high-end places.
Comparison of stone plastic floor and ceramic tile
Different components and production processes: The ceramic tile is an acid and alkali-resistant ceramic or stone made of refractory metal oxides and semi-metal oxides after grinding, mixing, pressing, glazing and sintering. Materials such as construction or decoration are often referred to as tiles. The raw materials are predominantly clay, quartz sand, etc.
There is a difference between performance and maintenance: tiles are non-slip and have an excellent texture.
There are differences in the installation:
- The tiles are heavier.
- The installation is more laborious.
- It is not easy to remove after installation.
- It cannot be reused.
The plastic stone floor is light in texture and very easy to install. It can be directly laid on the original ground without compressing the space, which is very suitable for renovating old buildings.
Comparison of stone plastic floor and rubber floor
● The composition and production process are different: the rubber floor is divided into homogeneous and heterogeneous. Homogeneous rubber floor refers to a single-layer or multi-layer structure vulcanized based on natural rubber or synthetic rubber, with uniform colour and composition; heterogeneous rubber floor refers to a structure based on natural rubber or synthetic rubber, made of wear-resistant Layers and other compaction layers that differ in composition and/or design. The compression layer contains a skeleton layer.
● Different colours: Rubber floors are difficult to colour because rubber has strong colour absorption, so most rubber floors have a single colour, and there are many colours of stone-plastic floors, which can be combined arbitrarily, giving designers more choices.
● The installation difficulty is different: the plastic stone floor is light in texture and easy to install; the rubber floor is heavy and laborious to install. And the installation method of rubber floor is more strict. If the method is incorrect, air bubbles will appear, and the requirements for self-levelling foundations will be more perfect. Otherwise, the defects of the base layer will be exaggerated.
● Differences in market demand and wear resistance: Due to the high price, rubber flooring is only used in some high-end venues, and the scope of application is relatively narrow, while stone-plastic flooring is widely used because of its high-cost performance, and the market potential is enormous. In addition, the rubber floor has stronger wear resistance, which is very suitable for places with high traffic, such as airports and stations, as well as transportation such as planes, trains, subways, cars, and ships.